pátek 24. dubna 2015
American vs. British English
I generally prefer British English even though most of the movies and series are American. I would say that in my everyday life I hear much more American than British English. Right now we don't even have a British teacher which is quite sad because I would appreciate to hear the British accent more often. Sometimes I just mix up everything together, but I definitely don't do it on purpose, I'm just not fully aware that some words are pronounced somehow only in America. So, when I hear the pronunciation of some unknown words, I pronounce them in this way without actually knowing that in British English it sounds completely different.
For my individual task I decided to try some reading. I found an article in my textbook and marked difficult words to pronounce, th sound and tried to read it about 6 times before I started the recording. I recorded my reading practise 3 times before I was quite satisfied with the result. At the beginning I was reading slower and concentrated on too many words. But with the next attempts I improved my reading even though it is not perfect. I think I will do this practise more often because it helps me to concentrate on the stress of the sentence, not just each word.
Přihlásit se k odběru:
Komentáře k příspěvku (Atom)
Žádné komentáře:
Okomentovat