pondělí 10. března 2014

Content of a Pop Song.

I couldn't resist and I chose to write a comment about this extremely truthful graph. Well, I don't think that this graph was made according to some real data, but in my opinion it doesn't need any deep research and from everyday life you know that it's truth.


Sometimes everybody is in a romantic mood, and that's the time for pop songs. You know, crying a river in your pillow, or being incredibly happy/sad/hate the whole world...Of course there are some pop songs that make your life probably better, and some of them are truly great. On the other hand, most of the songs that you can hear in the radio these days are full of idiotic lyrics, and the story is always the same. A boy fell in love with the most beautiful girl in the world, she is the princess, and he loves her so much but she doesn't know about it, so all the story is only in his mind and dreams. Did you remember any song like this? Ok, there are more stories possible, but the principle is still the same. As you can see on my professional graph, a very huge part of the songs contain just "Yeah" to make the song more gangster. And believe me, the more you use it in the song the more gangster you are! Another beautiful word used in the songs is "Ooh". Here I'm a little bit confused whether the author wanted to sound romantic and heart-broken or if he/she is just bored to sing. Now the best - "Baby"! Do you hear how sweet it is? Every girl must go to her knees, that's for sure. And the tiny green part is the actual lyrics that carry some meaning. But we all know that songs are not about anything like this, we love to hear many times "Baby" in a row. Let's turn on the radio and enjoy it, yeah.

3 komentáře:

  1. Nice article :) When I read it I recalled this kind of songs one after another. When I hear the word "baby" I always imagine Britney Spears. I don´t know why, maybe because she was considered too sweet :D When I hear "yeah" I see a big black man who makes me afraid of him and makes me laugh with his "singing". I think these silly songs are popular because so many people understand them.

    OdpovědětVymazat
  2. I really enjoyed your article. I think you wrote it very nicely. And it´s true. The lyrics of pop songs are, as you sad, mostly without any meaning. Can you imagine that those songs were in Czech....that would be so silly and stupid. On the other hand when I hear this kind of song for example while driving I am always singing and I know the lyrics :D

    OdpovědětVymazat
  3. You really made my day, haha, it is so funny when I actually think of songs in this way. Fortunately for non-English speaking listeners it has no effect, or maybe unfortunately for them - they don't understand the silly words and content which may be shame :D But I must say it is the melody which makes a song catchy for me and I must say when I hear some silly lyrics I either stop listen to it, or just keep thinking "What on Earth are they singing about?"

    OdpovědětVymazat