I met with English for the first time when
I was about 8 years old. To be honest, I didn’t know what English is at that
time. But when I heard the first English word I fell in love with this language
and I was pretty sure that it’s going to be a lot of fun. Actually it was fun
and on the other hand a really tough work. Never mind, nothing is easy at the beginning.
After realizing how difficult it is going to be to learn the vocabulary, grammar
and to make it sound quite acceptably, I liked it even more. I like challenges,
big challenges. And then the results. At school it was usually interesting to
discover something new from English, we were little explorers. Everything
sounded so beautifully and newly. I loved our English teacher who spent many
years in America, she was my hero and the only thing I wanted was to be as good
in English as she is. The only answer to the question what is my favorite subject
was definitely ENGLISH! After some years when I was surrounded by this lovely
language and I got used to the gently sound of it I experienced a big shock
when we had the first lesson of German language. What a horrible sound! I
decided to hate these lessons and also the poor language. The truth is that I
was not interested in anything what was associated with German. I felt that it’s
nothing for me, I have already found my number one! English showed me totally
new world, I could say that also my thinking has changed. My brain was excited
to learn something new and I consider this aspect the most important one – when
you want to learn something and you enjoy it. My love for English always helped
me in my study and I am so thankful that I had the honour to learn it. My
passion to travel goes well with it. I feel so good when I am abroad and I can
communicate with other people. It convinces me that my work was not useless and
at the same time I always find out that there are still a lot of things I have
to learn. When I had to decide what I want to study after high school I was not
100% sure. Then I chose law and English. I didn’t know what to expect of any of
it and I just let it decide itself. Well, now I am here and I study English.
Sometimes I am asking myself why I wanted to study law when English was the
only right option and I am incredibly happy that the universe has done its job
again. I can’t say what is going to be my job one day, I only feel that it
would be something connected with English again, it is for sure.
Žádné komentáře:
Okomentovat